Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fully Packed


Packed up my new Osprey pack, filled with two weeks worth of food and a gallon of liquids and took her for a test drive. This is gonna hurt. I'm going to suffer. Bad.

Eat a whole lot at the beginning--that's my motto. Lighten that load. Hiking a mile long loop with this monster pack on, it seems impossible to carry it some 130 miles or more. I thought about bringing along a book about Everette Reuss, but Joni nixed that idea. I opted only to bring a journal and no book this trip.

I just need to pick up some iodine tablets because I can't find my water filter. I also need some First Aid stuff like mole skin and bandages. After that, I'm locked and loaded. I stepped on the scale this morning so that I will be able to compare before and after weights.

Joni drops me off tomorrow. Ready or not, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Missed the past few posts. Hope you're having fun out there. I like the Osprey pack I bought last year--hope your much bigger one feels as comfortable.

    ReplyDelete